• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Something is fishy about this....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Abozmiller

My position was recently eliminated because the owner of my company decided to close my department. A few months prior, I was asked to fill a new position by a department head, but the owner declined my transfer claiming I was "vitally" needed in my existing role. The position and two similar positions were filled by less-qualified females. My performance was always "exceptional" so losing my job came as a shock. What can I do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Read the entire section of Employment Law at the freeadvice.com homepage, especially wrongful termination.

The problem is if you live in an at-will employment state, the employer or you can terminate the relationship with or without notice and with or without cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">