• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spiteful boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashorter

Illinois

I gave a letter of resignation to my boss and the HR department on Monday. My boss acted as if he was very happy for me because of the new opportunity that is now in front of me. It seems though as if he is actually bitter about the situation- I'll explain: he called me at my desk yesterday and left a vm asking me to call him back. I was working on a project that he assigned at the time and it took much longer than I thought it would. Today my co-worker tells me that he called her at home last night complaining about the fact that I did not call him and that he was thinking of making this Friday my last day as opposed to May 6, which is supposed to be my last day. Of course when I spoke to him this morning he acted as if all was well. Can he release me before the agreed upon date? Do I have any recourse?

BelizeBreeze

Yes he can release you now or at anytime.

Your recourse would be to sit at home and watch Oprah until your 'new opportunity' begins.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">