• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sponsored by USemployer but no job available

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tobin

What is the name of your state? california

Upon arriving here on H1B almost 3 months ago, my employer has not provided a job for me. They said, they were having a hard time placing me becasue I don't have any US work experience. Does my employer have an obligation to pay my salary even if I have not started working for them yet?

HomeGuru

tobin said:
What is the name of your state? california

Upon arriving here on H1B almost 3 months ago, my employer has not provided a job for me. They said, they were having a hard time placing me becasue I don't have any US work experience. Does my employer have an obligation to pay my salary even if I have not started working for them yet?
**A: no this is America. You work, then you get paid.

H

hexeliebe

Let me guess, you're in IT, probably a programmer, and your 'employer' is actually a recruiting firm.

Any of this sound familiar?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">