• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sponsorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melinda1

What is the name of your state? From UK

Hello I am a British citizen intending to come to Florida on a F1 student Visa to study an associates degree in Paralegal Studies. My eventual aim is to be sponsored by a law firm on a H1B visa. I wonder if anybody knows how difficult this will be. Are there law firms (or legal institutions) willing to hire a paralegal on a H1B basis or will I find it very dififcult.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think it is quite unlikely that any law firm will hire someone on an H1B visa when they have a plethora of law students who do not need sponsorship available, unless you have some quite unique skills that happen to be what they are looking for.

It is considerably more difficult to get an H1B sponsorship now than it was even a few years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">