• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spouse was fired after he became totally disabled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lolalynn

What is the name of your state? Texas

My spouse was given a drug screen on a friday afternoon. Than taken to another drug screen place the same day.the employer was told at the in office test that it showed amphetamines which was more than likely from prescription. he returned back to work that day, and worked the next day overtime 1/2 day. at which time he was hit by 18- wheeler in company vehicle by no fault of his own. He felt terrible next day. I took him to hospital and he still has yet to released from dr.14 months later. His employer fired him claiming he failed drug screen for cocaine 4 days after he could not return to work. At the time he was taking prescription antibiotic plagaff. We had health ins and even though he was disabled for days before being fired the insurance co terminated us after taking payment from his last paycheck say wrongful conduct. please advise your opinion

Know there were no drugs in his system. Thought perhaps this advise board could be of some help. The drug testing place does not allow us a copy of test.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lolalynn said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My spouse was given a drug screen on a friday afternoon. Than taken to another drug screen place the same day.the employer was told at the in office test that it showed amphetamines which was more than likely from prescription. he returned back to work that day, and worked the next day overtime 1/2 day. at which time he was hit by 18- wheeler in company vehicle by no fault of his own. He felt terrible next day. I took him to hospital and he still has yet to released from dr.14 months later. His employer fired him claiming he failed drug screen for cocaine 4 days after he could not return to work. At the time he was taking prescription antibiotic plagaff. We had health ins and even though he was disabled for days before being fired the insurance co terminated us after taking payment from his last paycheck say wrongful conduct. please advise your opinion

My response:

You said, "it showed amphetamines which was more than likely from prescription."

What do you mean by "more than likely"?

Do you mean that there was "a chance" that it COULD have been those amphetamines he's been popping?

What's his cocaine usage like?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">