• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stealing by my superior

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronyarger

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Recently I was contacted by a very reliable friend that I may be fired for an unknown reason. I decided not to let my superiors know that I know. A while back I had the company order me some tools for me because my tools were damaged during the coarse of my duty. I also ordered some tools separately and paid for them myself, which was going to to be shipped in a separate package to the ATTN: of me. I inquired about this package for about 2 weeks and was told that nothing has come in. I discovered that not only did it come in, but my superior took the tools and locked them up in his tool box. When I confronted him, he returned the tools to me, but part of them were missing, and others were damaged. And the tools that were to be replaced by the company, he refused to give me. I figure that I only have until July 22, 2005, before they try to surprise me with my termination, so please help.

Beth3

Why July 22nd?

If you are fired because you confronted your supervisor about misappropriating your tools, that would not be illegal even though it obviously would be grossly unfair. Have you spoken to somene else in management (HR? the area manager?) about these tools? If not, you certainly should. When you do, it would probably be a good idea to refrain from actually accusing the supervisor of stealing. Just lay out the facts and let management draw their own conclusions. Hopefully they'll investigate the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">