• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still getting paid after leaving job.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CrackDown

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum so move if necessary please.

I live in England and worked for a year in a placement as part of my university course, and was paid monthly. I left the job at the end of the year having been paid in full. I left this job 3 months ago and have received 3 monthly salaries since, at first I thought it was back pay which was owed to me but now I believe the wages department don't know I have left. Where do I stand?

Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CrackDown said:

I live in England and worked for a year in a placement as part of my university course, and was paid monthly. I left the job at the end of the year having been paid in full. I left this job 3 months ago and have received 3 monthly salaries since, at first I thought it was back pay which was owed to me but now I believe the wages department don't know I have left. Where do I stand?

Thank you.

My response:

It's amazing, but apparently true. People in England can't read English!

You're not sure if this is the correct forum? Hell, it's not even the correct Web Site for you!

IAAL

HomeGuru

CrackDown said:

Thank you.
**A: You certainly don't stand in the US.

C

CrackDown

Sorry, didn't realise it was US only forum, was in a bit of a rush before.
I will learn from my mistake don't you worry.

stephenk

contact the payroll department of your former employer and tell them about the mistake. You will be expected to repay the amounts paid to you after you left your job.

Say hi to the Queen for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">