• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stock Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Optionee

I changed jobs May of 2000. At my previous job I was offered stock options. I remember it took some time for them to grant the options, (had to wait for the board to meet), but after a few weeks, I had a meeting with my manager and her manager to sign the stock options papers.

I realize I have been at my new job now several months and have not been asked to sign papers for the option si was promised in my offer letter. I was working diligently at my job, until a new co-worker mentioned he signed his option papers yesterday.

I called accounting and sure enough, I never signed any papers for my promised options (and they will meet with me about it next Monday).

I have some questions:

1) what about the price of the options now as opposed to 3 months ago? Do they have to offer me the price at the time of my hire?

2) is this an honest oversight, a simple slip of paperwork, or a huge blunder on accountings part and a deliberate attempt to not grant my options?

If they are toying with me, I can work for someone more appreciative.

If it's an honest oversight, these things happen.

I'd like to know.

Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">