• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdhuskey

An article I wrote per request of one of my bosses was recently published in a local magazine. The public relations person removed my name as author of the work before forwarding it to the magazine without the permission of myself or the doctor (whose name was alongside mine as authors when I submitted the work to her). I am very angry and would like to know if she has the legal authority to remove my name as author of a piece that I indeed wrote myself. I believe what she has done is not only ethically wrong, but also illegal and would like to know how I might proceed to force her to attempt to rectify the situation. Thank you.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Was the doctor's name still on it? If so, you also have a plagarism issue.

But if you wrote this as a work for hire or in the scope of your normal duties, the article's content may not be yours. Check out copyright law and you will see what I mean.

If, on the other hand, it is not under your normal duties, then you do have such a problem. But, what are your damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">