• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

student 15-verbally threatened by adult at church school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A parent at my church school called me on the phone and told me I must be nice to her daughter or I would be our of school. She is on the church board. She also told me I was no good, a couple of other things and and a bad kid (not True!) Can my parents file a police report in Nev ? I am a
minor...and a scandel has broken out at my church and school. I don't like her daughter and don't want to be with her but if I don't this lady said she would have me kicked out of the school and my church. What should my parents and I do...please help!

A

Attorney_Replogle

Based on what you say there is no basis for a police report. Even if there was one, and assuming your church and school are Christian, you are under a biblical order not to take such problems to the outside authorities. The threats that this board member made to you have to be taken up according to the method that Jesus Christ provided in Matthew 18:15-17. The telling it to the Church (verse 17) could be understood in your situation to be the board of elders/deacons, whatever they are called in your church. Lastly, this problem is the direct responsibility of your church's pastor. So he needs to be held accountable for this failure too.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">