• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subcontractor question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peeowed

What is the name of your state? pa
If an employer considers and treats you as a subcontractor, but 99% of your work is done in the office, how do you substantiate rights to different information. I know this is vague. For example, since this is the hiring and firing forum, upon termination what information can you legally keep without getting into disputes. For 1099 purposes, information has to be kept in order to validate income. So when you are terminated and work out of the office, is it legal to email files for those purposes? --through one personal email account to another that is, thanx

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue what you're asking. You're right; it is vague. Can you clarify, please?

HomeGuru

peeowed said:
What is the name of your state? pa
If an employer considers and treats you as a subcontractor, but 99% of your work is done in the office, how do you substantiate rights to different information. I know this is vague. For example, since this is the hiring and firing forum, upon termination what information can you legally keep without getting into disputes. For 1099 purposes, information has to be kept in order to validate income. So when you are terminated and work out of the office, is it legal to email files for those purposes? --through one personal email account to another that is, thanx
**A: any and all docs and info on discs should be hand carried and delivered to the employer and not transmitted electronically.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">