• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rod

North Carolina

I was wrongfully terminated by a employer who was under contract by a "client". My employer informed me, I was terminated because the "client" requested, I be fired. On three occaisions, I've made attempts to get in writing from my employer. The person name within the client's corporation who made this decision to have me terminated, along with the facts. I have met withh negative results. One of thhe client's representatives, whom I worked with closely and who was responsible for over-seeing the contract with my former employer. Wrote a letter of disappointment/disapproval of my termination on my behalf.
This representative, also related, himself nor his boss who was responsible for running the job site where I worked. Were never notified by anyone in there corporation, suggesting, I be fired. He stated his company was neutral.
I was informed to contact the "client's" corporation grievance office. After contacting this office and waiting more than a week. They contacted me and stated, inorder to obtain the information I requested. I would need to subpoena it.

My question, Can I personally subpoena this information myself by going to a court house. Also, if I can prove the "client" never requested my termination. Do I have a case and do you have any suggestions.

B

buddy2bear

I do not believe that a private individual can subpoena anything. An officer of the court (i.e., lawyer, administrative agency) must do that. However, you could call your area EEOC and ask them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">