• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To sue or not to Sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homeflash

On April, I got laid off from a company (big company), and I signed a release off that I should not sue the company. So I did, after two months, I got another job. so I worked, after six months or so, and yesterday and I got laid off again. The excuse from them is cut cost, and senority. I was not the last one to come in the group and there is another person after me and he still had the job and I am the only Chinese in the group . My question is Can I sue the company for discrimination? This time I didnt now sign anything .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not enough info to say.

Was the person who remained working on continuing projects? Were they making less money than you? Were you the only one laid off or were there others?

H

homeflash

I believe he is still there, and yes, in my group. And I think he is making less money than I do. I strongly believe that I am the only one in my group. Since I am working in a outsourcing company, they assigned another guy to replace me. In other words, the position is still there, it is just that I am not the one works now. The reason is Seniority, I still don't buy it. The manager just gave me 2 weeks extra pay and said nothing about the serverance pay. If I can sue, what is the procedure?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since you feel very strongly that you were singled out because of your national origin, you should call the EEOC. They will walk you through the procedure.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and you'll find the number in your phone book under US Government.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">