• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To sue or not to sue, Boss stealing my Accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denvdawg

What is the name of your state? CO

I have been contemplating the idea of possibly sueing my currenty employer, let me explain.(My Boss stealing accounts from me after being warned not to)

I have been with a Company (Sales Rep) for about a year 1/2 and have been seriously struggling with dealing my my cheating/stealing Sales Manager. We have a small sales force (just the two of us) and he is more of a Sales rep than a manager he just has the title, he competes with me and can not stand it when I outsell him, which has happened quite frequently.

ISSUE IS: He has been stealing my Sales accounts throughout the year and after being warned by our Vice President/DM (previously after I called him out on stealing 4 of my big accounts) he was warned, now after 3 months have passed that he's back to doing it again and has been doing it more and more!

He has stolen 5 new accounts in the last month and tried to get 2 of them just last week! When I asked/accused him of it he said well.....I didn't know they were yours!

I have very solid proof of this, from now and before, emails from my VP for him to stop, documents, database listings etc.. and more. He has been trying to get rid of me ever since plus he wants my accounts so he's been trying to fire me for 3 months now, but my Sales are right with his so not sure if they can still fire me if so CAN I SUE the company for loss of revenue and since they are not stopping him from stealing? Thanks

*BTW we have no HR Dept to report this to, it's a small comany of 300 employees and they have no one I can tell besides my VP?

Beth3

Unless you have an employment contract in place with provisions to the contrary, then your boss isn't doing anything illegal. His actions are completely unethical of course and may well violate company policy but he isn't breaking any laws.

I suggest you go see that VP for another conversation. Since the VP has already warned your manager about doing this, hopefully this time he'll come down hard on him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">