• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suggested I resign because of Dr.'s appt.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sweet PC

Santa Ana, CA-
About three months back I had an early morning doctor's appt. When I arrived at my place of employment around 1:00-1:30 (with a doctor's note mind you) my supervisor called me into her office and said to me, "You know this is rediculous, using my time, company's time to go to the Doctor?? What do you think, I am going to have your position open for you to come and go as you please?! I think at this time you should start considering a resignation you know, you can't just run to the doctor as you please...I think the best thing for you to do is turn in a resignation and take care of your medical conditions..I replied, "Excuse me!! I believe it is not MEDICAL CONDITIONS, but rather one condition and if you must know my eye has bulged as a result of my under control thyroid condition, so I went to the Optometrist.." I believe what you are saying is quite unfair, so in simpler terms you are saying either my health or my job... I don't believe you can do that... Yes, I can she replied.. Next day in the morning I inquired with HR regarding the FMLAct and confirmed what I already knew..She was wrong..So I went to advise my super and she said, "YOU DON"T HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT THE LAW IS, I KNOW WHAT THE LAW SAYS.. I said apparently you don't know the law as yesterday afternoon you broke it 3 times if 14 minutes... Who is right?? And what should I do.....???

Help Please!!
SWEETPCortez :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">