• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing a former employer for stress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skyinautumn

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Just wondering if it is possible to sue a former employer for making promises that were not kept. I took the chance to take a full time job closer to home after working part time for 2 years in a stable job. At the time that I got the job I was offered 2 jobs on the same day, I took the job that I felt more comfortable with in the interview, and went from there. I was promised that I would be trained further in my career of choice to help with their computers as well as taking on the role of the receptionist. It worked well for a little while, and then they started to outsource again for their computer needs and I was called on a Sunday afternoon to tell me that my services were no longer required and that I no longer have a job. I was not given notice. It was supposed to be a temp to hire position and I believe that I did everything that I was asked to do. There was a lot of nepitism in the company too by the way. The stress that this has caused me because of other things that have happened, as in not being able to find suitable and adequate employment that meets the needs of my family has caused undue stress, and I think that the president of this company originally caused.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
EVERYONE'S job has stress. If you could sue your employer for stress, no one would ever get out of court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">