• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supervisor-employee affair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CB112956

My boss and I were involved in an affair. His wife found out and threatened to call our company and get us both fired. If I left this job, what action would the company be likely to take if she still carried out her threat? My boss seems to think the company may investigate her complaint, and he could still get terminated. I don't see why they would, if I was no longer working there.

B

buddy2bear

If the wife files a complaint with the company and you left, her husband's job could still be in jeopardy because if he did it once, he could do it again with another subordinate. Of course, if he is valuable to the company, he could end up with a severe reprimand and an entry in his personnel file, which just might affect his chances of ever going higher up the corporate ladder.

One should never, never "fool around" in the workplace with anyone they work with, that is, if they like and want to keep their job.

A

Always searching

My favorite saying is

Never get laid where you get paid.

HomeGuru

I like: keep a cool tool and never dip your pen in company ink.

I actually wrote this in the text of an Employer Company Employee Manual.
It was in the sexual harassment section.
I did not include photos, cartoons or line drawings since the topic was self-explanatory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">