• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervisor Favortism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lgt4

I am writing for one of my friends who is having problems at work. She works for an insurance company in Florida. A co-worker who works from her home sent an email to everyone about what her schedule was and that all new business should be sent to her, yada, yada, yada. You could tell from her email that she was upset.So my friend sends an email back asking why she sent the email and wanted to know what the problem was. The owner of the company was "Cc" on both emails. Well, he sent an email to my friend's supervisor asking what it was all about. In reply the supervisor told the owner that my friend has brought a lot of negativity to the dept. and is always gossiping. Now, this is where my question comes in. The supervisor also sent the reply to the owner to the co-worker who started the whole thing.She put in it"FYI-this was my reply". The supervisor and the co-worker are very close and my friend feels that is she being treated unfairly and that the supervisor was wrong for sending the email to her co-worker. My friend sent a letter to the owner complaining about it but he just said for her supervisor to handle it. We both feel that the supervisor is part of the problem and it should be handled by upper-management.Does my friend have any kind of case against her employor as now she feels she is working in a hostile environment?

[This message has been edited by lgt4 (edited October 24, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Very confusing set of facts. Had to read it over and over again. But from what I gather, your friend needs to stay out of people's business and not be friendly or concerned.

Just tell the friend to do the job he/she was hired to do and be done with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">