• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sassy1962

Hi i was suspened from work a month ago , for not declaring a spent conviction that i didn't know i had, i have been to two formal meetings and am due to go to another one next week. i have had no representation where and how do i stand, will i loose my job? i have worked at the company for four years.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi i was suspened from work a month ago , for not declaring a spent conviction that i didn't know i had, i have been to two formal meetings and am due to go to another one next week. i have had no representation where and how do i stand, will i loose my job? i have worked at the company for four years.
1: US Law Only

2: In the US, you can lose your job.

3: I don't know how you could NOT know that you had a conviction :rolleyes:

sassy1962

Hi the reason i didn't know i had a conviction was as i found out the case was dealt with in my absense and any letters or mail went to the wrong addresses,this was determined and proved in court.

eerelations

Again, this site is for US law. Since US law is vastly different from British law (and law in most other countries too), there's no way anyone here can help you.

Try posting your questions on www.personneltoday.com.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">