• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended Cashier

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BalboaDM

I live in Illinois. I am a cashier and was suspended from my job at a grocery store because my "void totals" were too high, higher than any other cashier. This manager made indication that I was either stealing money or stealing groceries. I refused to resign over this and therefore was placed on suspension (indefinate).

Can I be arrested over this? Wouldn't there have to be some type of physical evidence. Should I be concerned? Thank you !!

L

loku

"void totals"

Unless your void totals were extremely high, you probably have nothing to worry about as far as the law is concerned. There would usually be a need for some sort of physical evidence of theft or witness evidence before a charge would be lodged. In some cases, there is so much circumstantial evidence that a charge is made on that basis. But before that would happen, your “void totals” would have to be so high that a reasonable person would conclude that you were stealing as opposed to merely making innocent errors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">