• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended for three weeks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

preguntaTX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
TX

I hv been suspended from my job for over three weeks (still getting paid basic salary, no bonusses).

There is an investigation going on due to a problem with client in the last job. I have give them all the inf that prove my good performance during the job. I have not received any update on the investigation, when i call HR the only answer i get is " we will now more information tomorrow or later or next week".

Is it legal for them to do that?, for how long can i be suspended with no reason (they havent been able to prove that i did something wrong)? If they fire me with no reason can i sue the company?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, as long as they want to, no.

The law does not tell them how to conduct the investigation; no law tells them that the investigation may take x days/weeks/hours and no longer; Texas is an at-will state and you can be fired for any reason not specifically prohibited by law.

Kiawah

What is the reason that you were given for the suspension, the allegation that your company is investigating?

preguntaTX

suspeded for three weeks

Thanks a lot for answering, I am not form US and I am worried and dont know what to expect.

In my last job, there was a communication problem and the client did not receive the data on time. Our office in Houston is blaming me for not making a final call indicating them to distribute the data, but I did and that can be checked on the phone reports. I dont understand why is taking so long.

Beth3

No one other than your employer would know why it's taking so long. I'm afraid that you have no options other than to be patient and wait for them to contact you. In the meantime, you always have the choice to start looking for a new job, since there's no telling how much longer your suspension will continue or what the outcome will be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">