• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended without pay pending investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjeggum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The company that is currently employing me is a DOD contractor located in Oklahoma. Im am a resident of Oregon. Currently I am on suspension without pay pending an investigation at an Army base outside Kuwait City. The incident happened on Jan 12,09 at a FOB in Afghanistan. I was told to travel to Kuwait and wait for further review. I arrived in Kuwait on the 22 of Jan when they suspended me without pay. No criminal actions have been brought against me. The only evidence is a written statement from another employee, which since he has recinded. My question is how long do they have for the investigation? And why cant I await the decision at my home of record? I am now facing temination for what amounts to hearsay in a written statement taken unofficially by te MP's before he was read his rights. Now he has changed his story about my involvement and also stated that I had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

pattytx

And you should definitely edit your post to remove the name of the employer. Could be just the straw that breaks the employer's back to make the termination decision.

cjeggum

As it turns out. I didnt take the poor advise of leaving. I stuck it out since I had done nothing wrong. The there were 4 people accused of this. No evidence was ever produce other than a written statement. Two of the four took the advise and left. Now they are terminated for job abandonment. The two of us that stayed kept our jobs. So the moral is "Fair" is where pigs gets ribbons. Dont always take the advise from this forum. But thanks for trying.

mlane58

As it turns out. I didnt take the poor advise of leaving. I stuck it out since I had done nothing wrong. The there were 4 people accused of this. No evidence was ever produce other than a written statement. Two of the four took the advise and left. Now they are terminated for job abandonment. The two of us that stayed kept our jobs. So the moral is "Fair" is where pigs gets ribbons. Dont always take the advise from this forum. But thanks for trying.
No one here gave you poor advice to leave--you wanted to leave and all that was said was that no one was stopping you. You gave yourself poor advice---Idiot!

ecmst12

I never gave you any advice. Your choices were obvious - stay and wait, or go home. You made the decision all on your own. You know they still could have fired you, legally, even with no evidence of wrongdoing. Good for you that you made the right choice, but that doesn't give you any reason to dump on me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">