• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension,my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jc38024

I live in tenneesse and i was suspended and facing termination for saying that i was not going to work a shift because i havent gotten paid in 6 weeks. The rules were not followed concerning suspension and the people who suspended me were black and i am white. i have had problems with them before and feel like this is a way of getting back at me. what are my rights concerning this situation?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I read your other post first. Again, you could try filling out the time sheets. The fact that you are a different race from those who suspended you does not mean a thing unless you are prepared to show that people the same race as them were treated differently in the same circumstances. If you were in just about any other state they would not be able to withhold your pay without the timesheets but I learned on another board that Tennessee does permit it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">