• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension pending investigation..pls help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbergman

New York, NY

hello all... hoping someone can help me out.
i was working as a waitress under a union contract when on tuesday i was suspended pending investigation on suspicion of theft. the "proof" was one mistake on one check that had a legibility issue.. though my manager agreed the total amount was unclear, i was still let go and upper management is moving to terminate me. what i want to know is whether after two years of working for them, they can let me go with this one check out of thousands. i have never stolen before and my record is clean of any sort of similar offense. please help me out.. i dont think this is fair and would like to know what constitutes reasonable proof of theft.
c.b

divgradcurl

Have you filed a grievance with your union? If you are working under a union contract (collective bargaining agreement) then you need to go through your union before you do anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">