• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension without explination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sasbadstaff1

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Oregon

I was suspended from work on Tuesday. When I asked why they told me that they were not at liberty to discuss the issue with me until a meeting on Wednesday. I was told that I could not contact anyone from work regarding the issue, espically the children I supervise (I work in teen group home) On wednesday they asked me about what happened on the previous saturday. I explained the day, and one of the problems was another staff yelling at me for asking him to let me drive (he had almost gotten into three accidents while we were driving) and to not pass medication under my name. He came back at me with profanities and told me to take up with my manager if I didn't like it that it was his house and this is how he does things. I left it at that. An incident took place at the mall with a resident that ran into his biological brother. As the meeting was not set up by myself or anyone else for that matter, I didn't think anything of it. Now that I am questioning my superiors as to why I am being suspended they will not give me an answer other than this is how it needs to be handled. No one else unless there is an abuse allegation has been suspended for a employee complaint. Is this legal. Oh and this is a non profit organazation if that makes a difference.

Anyone that can help I would really apprecieate it.

Denise

Beth3

Yes, it's legal. It's not entirely clear what potential misconduct your employer is investigating but they may suspend you while they look into whatever the concern is and decide what they're going to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">