• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking job applications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shart10012

What is the name of your state? Texas

Can I legally ask applicants if they are qualified for the job before allowing them to fill out applications, or do I have to accept applications from anyone who wishes to apply?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

shart10012 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Can I legally ask applicants if they are qualified for the job before allowing them to fill out applications, or do I have to accept applications from anyone who wishes to apply?
**A: you can ask under certain circumstances ie. a special license, training, education etc. is needed. Ex: you work for a law firm and need an attorney. Applicant, do you have a law degree and are you licensed to practice in the state of Texas?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you talking about walk-in candidates, applicants who have sent in blind resumes, or candidates for a posted job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">