• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tape recording my boss???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donathome

I got a boss who will say one thing when your in his office but then turn around and deny he every said it later. Do I have a right to tape record our conversations even if he doesn't want to. By the way, he doesn't. Or can I secertly record our conversations and then play it back later for his boss to show what a liar he is? Hope you can help.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

What state? State laws differ on rights to secretly tape record someone.

D

donathome

I'm in North Dakota.
I knew Linda Tripp got in trouble in New Jersey I believe and I thought the news reporters at the time said that New Jersey was the only state where both parties had to know the conversation was being recorded.
I'm sure I'm wrong but was just wondering.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">