• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

targeted for termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kellyf

south carolina- i have not been fired yet, but am being targeted by a new manager despite almost 6 years of service and a clean performance record. i am a salaried f&b manager for a country club and i have always had a very good reputaion and work history. I also am devoted to my job and work 60+ hours per week. 6 omnths or so ago, a new manager came in who i don't think likes working with women. i am now under constant negative scruntinty and suffer daily accusations of poor performance and misconduct, which everyone i work with and have dealt with professionally know to be false. he is constructing a file which i feel is being created to stop me from drawing unmployment. will documentation signed by me under duress stop me from drawing unemployment? what about unsigned documentation? i feel i will be fired soon and i have a mortgage to pay. i am already actively seeking work, but relocation is probably necessary. this is south carolina and i don't think i have many rights, so my main concern is that i can draw unemployment if i need it. i have looked at the sc unemployment info, and it seems that if he says he fired me because i had performance issues, was insubordinate, etc, then i cannot draw, and these accusations are false.

JETX

"will documentation signed by me under duress stop me from drawing unemployment?"
*** Depends entirely on what the document says, and what you describe as 'duress'.

"what about unsigned documentation?"
*** See above.

"i feel i will be fired soon and i have a mortgage to pay. i am already actively seeking work, but relocation is probably necessary. this is south carolina and i don't think i have many rights, so my main concern is that i can draw unemployment if i need it."
*** The decision on whether you qualify for unemployment compensation is entirely up to the cirumstances of the termination and the 'presentation' by the employer (if they challenge it), and your defense against their 'presentaion'.

"i have looked at the sc unemployment info, and it seems that if he says he fired me because i had performance issues, was insubordinate, etc, then i cannot draw, and these accusations are false."
*** Those would likely be sufficient to bar unemployment, but again, it would depend on your ability to explain and show that they are false.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">