• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tell me what you think......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seanwin

I have been asked to remove this...

TamWham - I believe if I had the ability to go a little more in depth you may se things in a different light. There are many other issues involved that did not make it into my mad type earlier.

I do appreciate the response though

If you gentlemen would please do me a favor and delete your responses.

Last edited:

T

tamwham2

FROM WHAT I CAN UNDERSTAND,,,,

SO, IF i understand you, you promised this sous guy you would wait for him to come back before hiring a new chef. His
perception is: when he gets back he'll have a great new job ( no matter HOW you said it, he thinks he's got this new wonderful position )

he gets back, for the time, he's waiting for you to call him to an interview or personally notify him of the interview (he is ignoring the posting cause he thinks "he's got the position.)

why would you even give him the opportunity to think he was a canadit when alll along your thoughts were "his skills and past history made it difficalt to really hire him"

your statement, to him before he left for vacation, put you in a very bad position: surley your peers or someone over heard you or he told other people what you said.....now your going to have trouble with him cause he's pisst. AND everyone will be watching to see what you do.....the managment

not to be mean, but people would label you as "someone who talks out of both sides of his month". saying one thing, but doing something else.

unfortunatley, you pick the wrong guy to "doulbe talk" too, being the dispicable guy you say he is, he went for you with all fours and fangs he has been able to rally every one against you using your actions and big (sorry) mouth. people love hearing bad things and believing bad things and he was happy to supply them their lunch entertainment'

yes, the lawyers were warning you, but thier statement was for their (company's) benifet, too. hoping that you would be smart and listen..... you were not very smart... you were talking before you thought" and he got you on tape ocuh!!

you will learn to think before you speak as you get older.

not to go on and on, but with all the bad blood / feelings that are flowing and swirling around there, get out!!

get out...run......start over....

start looking for a new job, i know you don't want too, i think your very young, you had made one of my mistakes: that was not keeping my mouth shut . i tried to win back respect, but only pushed them away by tring to explain things. even more of my talking out of both sides of my big fat mouth....tring to find favor with them
my evil associate had them all believing all sort of truly untrue stories about me. DO you know why my company peers didn't side with me?....

.....after much self business examination, I too, had been talking out of both sides of my mouth, trying to make my peers, bosses , vendors, etc..... like and except me in my position in management....I tried to show my authority with promisies i couldn't keep and comments to others i shouldn't had said......as management

i lost trust, no willing employees to listen to me and no future with the company. i lost "credablity"

hey, i was a nice person, to nice. and it only took a few broken promises and an ego statement ,here and there, that got me in trouble with myself.

run, hopefully you are not tied into any legal binding stuff, (yet) do, run, start over and learn from this huge mistake

no, no, sorry ,,, you but yourself in this position and this is all your fault. sorry, not being mean you just got to see it from thier point of views: employee/company/sous's, cause if you dont take the time to think about what their perception may be, you may say something you will regret.... like the tape thing....ya know.

trust me i know, i started over , my own company different industry.

p.s. i still think of the job i left, that i loved so much......but oh well.

i am not a lawyer, but my advice is live and learn....away from there of course. there is no light at the end of that tunnel

forgive my spelling errors, normally i always spell check ...another lesson, always spell check!!
just, wandering hat is your age? (hope not to be offending)

good luck buddy

Q

qadaq

Interesting thought: Can you bail and take your associate (the good head chef) with you? Can you get the guy arrested on drug charges? Health code violations? (drinking on the job) If somehow you can get somebody to force you to ice this guy you're in business. At the same time you should have iced this guy long ago. In any case, do what's right. Fire him, apologize to the staff, whatever seems right. (Pray about it maybe?) After that see what happens. If you're fired, get another job. (and take anybody on your side with you if possible?) You've hired a lawyer. Talk to him/her. Listen to what they say. Don't be a puppet. Stand for what you believe even if it gets you fired. You may get the pleasure of watching the company that fired you crash and burn. This from someone who's both never run a restaurant and never been very far up the corporate ladder. (but who's been fired for what he believes and still feels he did the right thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">