• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temination and emplyment verification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

algako

Last january my husband was on disability from a major auto plant. he received a letter on 1/17/00(registered) from his employer that he would be terminated if he did not contact them by 1/18/00. he tried to call the indiviual who signed the letter but could not reach this person. Long story short, they termintaed him saying that he did not call in a number for his disability, which he did. he applied for unemployment and after being denied the state overturned it as they found he was in the right and he received unemployment benefits. A year later in trying to find a job he has been unsuccessful. I called this auto plant and acted like an employer wanting a job refernce and they told me that they "could not comment on hid rehireability." Now, as an employer this puts a "negative" in my mind. We do not know if this is why he is not getting hired elsewhere and feel since he was "cleared" on this and was in the right when he got terminated he should not have this negative representation of himself. Is there anything we can do? Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">