• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temp agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reignier

What is the name of your state? California

My wife went to an interview that was settup through a temp agency(I can leave the name later if it is needed or asked for). The small buisness loved her and wanted to hire her but by the time my wife and this buisness got to a number for her pay then went back to the temp agency the fee was going to be way to much for them to pay. Now the business is going to place an add in the paper and just hire someone locally. Is there a "contract" or a time period that my wife could wait or do and just get hired on directly with this small business? Any and all info would be welcome. Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

reignier said:
What is the name of your state? California

My wife went to an interview that was settup through a temp agency(I can leave the name later if it is needed or asked for). The small buisness loved her and wanted to hire her but by the time my wife and this buisness got to a number for her pay then went back to the temp agency the fee was going to be way to much for them to pay. Now the business is going to place an add in the paper and just hire someone locally. Is there a "contract" or a time period that my wife could wait or do and just get hired on directly with this small business? Any and all info would be welcome. Thanks.

My response:

It was difficult trying to figure out what you were saying, but basically, from what I can understand, you want to know if your wife can get out of the Temp Agency contract so that she will be free to be hired by the small business.

What does the written Agency contract say in this regard?

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Without seeing the contract between the temp agency and the hiring company it's impossible to say for certain. However, in the majority of cases the agency is entitled to the fee, even if the candidate is hired directly by the company, within six months to a year or even more. I've never seen one for less than six months and I've seen them for as long as two years. And yes, many if not most temp agencies do enforce these provisions; those fees are how they make their living, after all.

It's unlikely that the job will still be open by the time the hiring company is legally able to hire your wife without paying the agency the fee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">