• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp Employee Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debraj954

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have been unemployed for 8 months and actively looking for work. I applied for a part time position at company CM a few months ago but did not get the job. The HR Generalist was impressed with my pre employment test scores and remembered me when a new opportunity came around. An employee is taking a month long vacation and they need someone to cover for her. Company CM typically uses Staffing Agency for these short term needs but the HR Generalist decided I was perfect for the position and I agreed that 5 weeks of employment was acceptable. Last week I completed all the pre employment paperwork and drug test etc. I started on Mon 3/19 - I was sent to Security offices and received my photo ID and access badge. Email and time cards were set up with my classification as a part time employee. I worked full time hours on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs. On Thursday, the HR Manager (the generalists' BOSS) was on site and briefly met me. On Thursday NIGHT 9 pm the HR Generalist told me they would no longer need my services and I should not report to work on Friday. I am truly pissed about the lost wages. What is going on here? I get the feeling that the HR Manager is behind my being let go after 4 days....what does she know that HR Generalist does not?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To answer the question that you implied but did not ask in your subject heading, neither a temporary nor a regular employee has the right to continue in any given job unless a legally binding and enforceable contract says otherwise. No legally protected rights of yours were violated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">