• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp hire problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisr2009

New York

I was hired as a temporary cashier during the holiday season. I received a phone call on my day off and I was not home to answer it and they left no message it just showed up on my caller id and I thought nothing of it. I went to work the next day and tried to clock in with my time card and could not. The manager told me a member of HR was trying to reach me to convert me from temp to permanent and the deadline was the next morning which I missed so I can not work my scheduled days and he told me to call back in two weeks. I fear I lost my job. Would I have a case if I end up not having a job because of the missed call?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A case to receive unemployment benefits, yes.

A case for anything else including any kind of legal action against the employer, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">