• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temp service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

steve0721

What is the name of your state? ohio

my wife works for a temp service. and is working through them at honda parts dist. they are only allowing her to work a total number of hours before she is taken away from the job and cant go back for 6 months. i think it is like 2000 hours.
i am sure there is a legal reason for this maybe benefits or something. can anyone answer this. we are just wonder what kinda crooked crap they are pulling on everyone.

Beth3

It's not crooked crap. It's very likely the employer making sure they don't accidentally violate the terms of their retirement plan.

In the wake of the the Microsoft decision, some employers have put limits on how long an individual can work for them as a temporary employee or an independent contractor. I suspect it's an over-reaction to the DOL ruling, which was very specific to Microsoft; nonetheless, it's entirely an employer's right to limit the amount of time ANY individual can work for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">