• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp Service Refuses to let me move on

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Washington state

I wanted to work at N for as long as I can remember. I knew there were 2 temp srvcs working inside this co and I had signed up w/one. The other wanted a resume, which at the time I didn't have yet, and they weren't hiring until November anyway. I was called in Sept by the first temp srvc and figured I would go ahead & work at N until Nov, when I could move on to the other temp srvc. I started work on 9-29. We were all told about policies and told that N could not hire us for 6 mo after not working for them, but no mention of not being able to work for other temp srvc inside N. About 2 wks later I sent my resume to the other temp srvc and found out that there was an on-site coordinater at N for this temp srvc. I went to them and was told that without a release from the temp srvc I was currently working at, they would not hire me. I asked my current temp srvc if they would release me so I could start w/the other temp srvc in Nov and they said no. They told me I would have to be off work for 6 mo before I could work for any other temp srvc inside N. The temp job I wanted is from Nov through Jan and is only seasonal. I wanted this job more than anything and they won't let me go! Any advice? Thanks!

Beth3

Sorry but I don't see any options for you. If the two temp agencies have agreed not to hire each other's employees that are working for this client company, they may do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">