• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary employment dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benjam2000

U.K. Law.

Hello, hope I can get some help here.

I was recently employed on a temporary basis, in the statement of main terms of employment the end date for employment was on or before the 1st September.

I have recently received a termination of employment letter, stating that after our meeting on the 27th July we have decided to terminate your employment with immediate effect. I had no meeting at all, the letter was pre-dated for the 31st July although I received it on the 30th and it was also pre-signed by the area manager as I received it while he was on holiday. So everything about this decision was already determined before I even had any idea about it!?
My employment was terminated because a permanent replacement had been found although I had no idea I was being employed on this basis, another assistant manager was drafted in after my termination to help cover shifts. Surely if my employment wasn't needed anymore then there shouldn't be the need for another manager to come and help cover shifts??

Where do I stand?

The dismissal procedure has not been followed at all, as a temporary employee do I have any standing to challenge this??

I wrote them a letter and the area manager called me to say that if I'd have got on better with the general manager then the period would have been extended, he also said that he checked with his solicitors and everything he did was legal??

Please help.

Sorry about the essay!

Regards

Ben

leigh123

Hi Ben.

I think this website is for US law only.

I am not a lawyer, but just reading your post, you said "main terms of employment the end date for employment was on or before the 1st September." As you were terminated "before Sept. 1st", I don't see that they did anything wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">