• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termed on false accusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

James Reardon

What is the name of your state?New York I was termed after I young lady, who the day before I reprimanded twice for talking to her friends whe she was supposed to be working, next day company comes in tlks to be said she said that I made numerous sexual advances towards her, I said no way, they talked to her, then me again asking me question about some incidents that had nothing to do with sexual advances, I asked them where are the sexual allegations? I was sent home, 12 days later they call me in and fire me. I called numerous times and was told to wait, mostly I left a few voicemails saying I would take lie detector test, this girl is lying.Do I have a case against the company? The girl?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You do not have a case against the company. They are free to believe her over you and take whatever action they see fit.

If you have some way of proving that she is LYING (not misunderstood something, not jumped to a faulty conclusion about what you intended, not overheard something that didn't mean what she thought it meant, but LIED) then if you are very lucky, you may be able to sue her for slander.

BTW, your employer is forbidden by law to give you a lie detector test except in VERY limited circumstances which do not apply here.

James Reardon

false accusations

what about company discriminating against me==midle aged whit male-I know of a younger black mgr who has been accused of sexual harrassment a few times and he was just transferred around, another older [60] white male that was accused 3 times and just transferred. What about emotional distress company and girl have caused my family and me--they left me out there for 12 days before they fired me, she knowingly lied?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If an older male of your race, and a younger male of another race, both have been retained where you were fired, you're going to have a very hard time proving discrimination on the basis of either age or race. You can't claim age discrimination, because they kept both someone older and someone younger than you. You can't claim race discrimination, because someone of the same race was retained. If you try to claim you were fired because of your race, they only have to point to the man of your race that was retained and say, okay, why didn't we fire him, then? The same goes with age.

It takes time to conduct an investigation. If you'd been fired immediately, you'd be complaining because they didn't investigate. You don't get to claim emotional distress because they conducted an investigation and required you to wait until they were through before making a decision.

I've already told you that you can take action against the girl if you can prove that she knowingly lied.

James Reardon

false accusations

How long do I have, say this girl starts telling people a few months from now she got me fired, can I still take her to court? I am sure after aawhile she will tell people

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">