• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mike Miller

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was recently terminated from my position as a branch manager for a well known national bank. I was never given any formal paperwork during my termination notice. I would like to review my personal file that is held at my previous employer. How could I notify them that I would like to view my personal file? Is there some type of demand letter I could send them that indicated I would be willing to pay a resonable fee and meet on their terms to review my file?

JETX

"How could I notify them that I would like to view my personal file?"
*** You can simply call them or write a letter requesting to view it. However, do NOT be surprised if they deny access. Simply, you have no right to review THEIR property.

"Is there some type of demand letter I could send them that indicated I would be willing to pay a resonable fee and meet on their terms to review my file?"
*** See above.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You may request a copy of your personnel file; however, neither Federal nor Ohio law requires the employer to allow you to have a copy. In fact, with the exception of any medical records they may have (state law) neither Federal nor Ohio law requires that they allow you to SEE your personnel file. It will be entirely up to the employer whether to permit it or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">