• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trw22275

What is the name of your state?michigan
terminated for no call no show for the holiday, but have always had the day after christmas or any holiday off if it falls on a weekend. found out since i have been terminated that the manager went around telling the people in my department to make sure they come to work on that monday, but never infomed me that we had to work,
he informed me i was being terminated for no show no call but is telling everyone around the job that i was term for having a bad attitude.
isn't that defamation of character(slander)?
I need help there is more to the story but i didn't think i could fit it all in this email

seniorjudge

trw22275 said:
What is the name of your state?michigan
terminated for no call no show for the holiday, but have always had the day after christmas or any holiday off if it falls on a weekend. found out since i have been terminated that the manager went around telling the people in my department to make sure they come to work on that monday, but never infomed me that we had to work,
he informed me i was being terminated for no show no call but is telling everyone around the job that i was term for having a bad attitude.
isn't that defamation of character(slander)?
I need help there is more to the story but i didn't think i could fit it all in this email
Q: isn't that defamation of character(slander)?

A: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=884061#post884061

There are thousands of posts similar to yours so I have prepared a standard answer:

Get a lawyer.

Invest $20K and three years.

Sue the bad people for defamation.

If you win, expect them to keep doing it.

If you lose, expect them to keep doing it.

Stand by for other opinions.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. That is not defamation of character or slander. That is his opinion. Under the laws of this country, he is free to express it.

trw22275

well if he is the person that terminated me why would he change his story? he told me i was term for no show but now stating he fired me because i had a bad attitude? i am confused thats all

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't know why. But he hasn't violated any laws and on the basis of what you have posted, you have no legal recourse.

Next time, don't take it for granted you have a day off without checking.

trw22275

there is a lot more to the story actually this is in the handbook so i didn't take it for granted and if it was not posted why would he go and tell everyone else to make sure they come to work if he didn't think they would not come in?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How the heck do I know? I'm not inside his head.

But none of that has anything to do with the fact that he has STILL not broken any laws and you STILL do not have any legal recourse. Not based on what you've posted. I can't comment on what you haven't posted.

trw22275

ok i thank you for your time but you sound a little frustrated with my questions they were not directly to you so i wasn't saying you were in his head it was just me questioning the whole situtation so thanks and i won't bother you again, so next time, don't take it so personal you never now how the person on the other end is feeling when you make your comments
i thought this was a friendly site. guess not
may god bless you

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My frustration is not with your asking questions. It's with your assuming that I, or anyone, can tell you why your boss did anything. He's the only one that can tell you that. The crystal ball here is out for recalibration.

koiomo

i'm sorry

trw22275,

i posted a thread in this forum too & got the same idiotic responses from the same idiots who just attacked you. i'm sorry it had to happen -- freeadvice used to be a good forum, but now it seems to be crawling with maggots. i'm a prepaid legal member & am able to consult with a REAL attorney whenever i want. i'm also currently using legalmatch.com to find an attorney in my area. i suggest you do the same.

peace & blessings,
koiomo

seniorjudge

koiomo said:
trw22275,

i posted a thread in this forum too & got the same idiotic responses from the same idiots who just attacked you. i'm sorry it had to happen -- freeadvice used to be a good forum, but now it seems to be crawling with maggots. i'm a prepaid legal member & am able to consult with a REAL attorney whenever i want. i'm also currently using legalmatch.com to find an attorney in my area. i suggest you do the same.

peace & blessings,
koiomo
Which responses do you think were in error?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">