• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njemtb

I currently reside in the state of New Jersey.

I was employed through a swim school for about 3 months. Yesterday, i was terminated by the manager, and his reason was "you are not understanding the progression fast enough", "and i don't feel that this is going to work". During my time at the job, i was always told that i was doing a good job. My training was completed, and i was just going to start teaching my very on first class the day i was fired. A week before i was fired, a young female was hired who knew nothing and was just starting, and needed to be trained. Thought the 3 minute the conversation another employee was present, however the door of the office was open, allowing everyone else in the gym area to hear the conversation in full. Now comes the question of, is there any law in NJ that require a job to properly notify a person before termination?, and What are the requirements to apply for Unemployment in New Jersey.

Beth3

Now comes the question of, is there any law in NJ that require a job to properly notify a person before termination? No. Not in NJ or any other State.

What are the requirements to apply for Unemployment in New Jersey. Uh, breathing? Anybody is free to apply for unemployment benefits. The State will decide whether you are eligible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">