• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcuster0365

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I am being terminated from a company "for being an *******" is there any recourse on this???

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I am being terminated from a company "for being an *******" is there any recourse on this???
If you mean they are terminating your employment because you are being a jerk (don't know what *********** refers to), then you certainly have recourse.

Your recourse is to brush up your resume and join monster.com.

eerelations

Since it would be perfectly legal to fire you for being a model employee, it's certainly legal to fire you for being a *******.

Hot Topic

Why would you think you had any recourse except to grow up and stop doing the things that caused them to use the language they did?

jcuster0365

The problem was I wasnt being a jerk or other I was making this company alot of money and was following all the rules it was one of the upper management that stated he wanted me fired because basically he didnt like me

Beth3

Come on. There must be more to it than that. Management doesn't fire a model employee making them lots of money unless there's a pretty good reason.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And that is perfectly legal.

There is nothing illegal about firing you because someone in upper management doesn't like you.

If you don't like monster.com, try Hotjobs.

commentator

While you are looking for other jobs, you can file for your unemployment. But yes, it's legal to fire someone because you don't like them. You may be able to draw unemployment while looking for another job, though, if they cannot show that they had a valid misconduct reason to terminate you.

pattytx

OP, you decided to come back 6 MONTHS after your first post? Certainly the unemployment issue has been resolved by NOW. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">