• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated and Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaf1026

i am employed in california. i was employed with this company for approximately 6 months, with a probationary period of one year (six months left to complete probation).
i had to go out on medical leave (8 weeks) because of surgery. my company paid me a salary continuation during my period of disability. unfortunately, i was unable to return back to work because of some complications after my surgery.
my employer continued paying me for the following 6 months,
but i am still disabled and the salary continuation has ended. can my employer terminated me because i am disabled and unable to return back to work at this time? do they
have to offer me some sort of disability plan? they do have a long term disability plan, but because i haven't completed their probationary period, i fear that i will be terminated.

sincerely,
karen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">