• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated due to lack of diploma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dellsshop

I was terminated from a company 2 weeks after I started because of my lack of high school diploma. This was listed on a full disclosure background report that I completed for the company as well as verbally by myself to the manager, his boss and the human resource department. I am very upset at the hiring practices that this corporation feels that it can bestow upon employees once they have agreed to take the position. I have printed out the actual advertisements that were posted online with recruitment sites as well as there own site. It did not mention that it was required to have a high school diploma or equivelent. I am not by any means ignorant and do know the importance of having it, but I have not fully obtained it as of yet. I was concerned that because the background check was looking into the education that it would be a requirement for the position so I asked my manager and he looked into it. I was told that from the people he spoke with that it didn't appear to be a requirement so I was to leave out of state for the mandatory pre-training. I was terminated a week later for lack of the high school diploma. Please give me any information that may help me in determining whether I have a case for either dicrimination or wrongful termination. I have given up a position that I held for this new one and I have a family to support. I now have no job and no insurance for them and no chance of being rehired with my old company. Upset in Wisconsin!

D

dj1

Not much to say except call your locar bar association , and find a labor lawyer who will give you an inexpensive consultation.....

I think it stinks, and should be illegal..but then again..im not a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">