• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated due to medical condition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edarley

What is the name of your state? Florida

I experienced a severe reaction to medication I was taking for a medical condition. The reaction caused irritability and short term memory loss. I have documentation to back this up. I was terminated due to these reactions and the employer knew of my medical condition. Is this legal?

ecmst12

Questionable. You wouldn't fall under the ADA since that only covers permanent conditions. And you weren't terminated due to missing work, you were terminated because of your behavior while you were there, so I doubt FMLA would offer any protection. So it's very likely that your termination was legal.

Beanie711

Good lord! If you would keep all your questions together, we could have answered them all by now! Go back to your other thread with the three questions and specify the situations there. If you had clearly stated this much in your original post, you'd have had your answers by now...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Even under the ADA, and nothing you have posted suggests that the ADA applies, the employer is NOT obligated to overlook behavior that they would not overlook in someone who is not disabled. EVEN IF the behavior was caused by a medical condition, they are not required to give you a pass on behavior they would not allow someone else to exhibit in the workplace.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">