• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated Due to Misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redg7

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was recently fired for misconduct. Specifically, for using a corporate credit card to make personal purchases. The reason I was fired was not the first time this had happened. Did the same thing 2 years ago and was not reprimanded then.

History: All purchases are submitted for approval and payment. Choosing not to submit charges assumes the employee will pay any outstanding balance. Corporate credit cards are the responsibility of the card holder and improper use/handingly can affect the individual's credit rating.

Question, situation escalated to a point where the account was 90 days past due. Was making arrangements with the collector and would have paid the balance in approximately 20 - 30 days. Collector claims that my lack of response to their questions prompted them to contact my immediate supervisor. Once done, the supervisor fired me.

Now being denied umemployment insurance payments. Appealing the decision. My position is why wasn't I fired when I'd created a similar series of events two years ago. (ie, make personal charges against corporate card, unable to bring balance current timely). Worked with a collector and was able to pay the balance. At that time, I received no warning, no counseling,

Looking to stregthen my position when I appeal the unemployment insurance decision.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
G*

H

hexeliebe

Looking to stregthen my position when I appeal the unemployment insurance decision.

The first incident has nothing to do with your case. You were fired for the second incident.

As such, the only stregthening of your position I can advice for you is to find a new job because there's nothing in your post that remotely points to a case to overturn UE decision.

HomeGuru

redg7 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I was recently fired for misconduct. Specifically, for using a corporate credit card to make personal purchases. The reason I was fired was not the first time this had happened. Did the same thing 2 years ago and was not reprimanded then.

History: All purchases are submitted for approval and payment. Choosing not to submit charges assumes the employee will pay any outstanding balance. Corporate credit cards are the responsibility of the card holder and improper use/handingly can affect the individual's credit rating.

Question, situation escalated to a point where the account was 90 days past due. Was making arrangements with the collector and would have paid the balance in approximately 20 - 30 days. Collector claims that my lack of response to their questions prompted them to contact my immediate supervisor. Once done, the supervisor fired me.

Now being denied umemployment insurance payments. Appealing the decision. My position is why wasn't I fired when I'd created a similar series of events two years ago. (ie, make personal charges against corporate card, unable to bring balance current timely). Worked with a collector and was able to pay the balance. At that time, I received no warning, no counseling,

Thank you for your time and consideration.
G*
**A: your employer had just cause to terminate you for misconduct, therefore you do not qualify for UC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">