• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated due to positive drug screen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbyroade

What is the name of your state?FL
I was terminated due to a positive drug screen. The company is regulated by DOT regulations. These state that I was supposed to be notified within 72 hours. I was notified almost a month later. I also believe I was "set up" by my estranged wife. I do not do drugs. Is there anything I can do?

TamaraL

I'm not an attorney, just cruising the new threads waiting for my own to get replied to, but i have to say your post is a bit confusing. You were notified you were fired a month after it happened? or after the drug test? If you do not do drugs then the test should have been negative. Now i am worried too, i just took a drug screen a few days ago and i most certainly don't do drugs either...! i hope these are reliably accurate.

ENASNI

um

bbyroade said:
What is the name of your state?FL
I was terminated due to a positive drug screen. The company is regulated by DOT regulations. These state that I was supposed to be notified within 72 hours. I was notified almost a month later. I also believe I was "set up" by my estranged wife. I do not do drugs. Is there anything I can do?
Yeah, tell us a story, what does your wife have to do with this? Did she pee in your cup for you?

TamaraL

Sockeye said:
DOT screenings are definately accurate, they are split tests and need to be verfied by a Dr.
Yeah i did wonder what the 'split' meant with two different tags for the speciman. I assume they send your sample to two different doctor's in order to avoid tampering by estranged wives.

bbyroade

About a month after the drug screen. No, she didn't pee for me, I believe she was coming to the house when I was not there and putting stuff in my salt, sugar, and what not. I was tested positive for cocaine. I know it is hard to believe, I cannot believe it myself.

Sockeye

bbyroade said:
About a month after the drug screen. No, she didn't pee for me, I believe she was coming to the house when I was not there and putting stuff in my salt, sugar, and what not. I was tested positive for cocaine. I know it is hard to believe, I cannot believe it myself.
Any chance you were visiting a dentist about the same time? They can use cocaine as a numbing agent.

As far as the wife goes, unless she knew that you were going to be doing a random UA, she was wasting a lot of money on cocaine. It's a drug that stays in your system for a very short time, maybe 3 days.

Also, if she was lacing your salt and sugar with it, you'd definaltey know it, as I mentioned with the dental qiestion, it's a numbing agent and would be hard to miss.

Sockeye

TamaraL said:
Yeah i did wonder what the 'split' meant with two different tags for the speciman. I assume they send your sample to two different doctor's in order to avoid tampering by estranged wives.
If one comes up positive then the second has to be tested. They are split right near the source and tagged with their "chain of custody". Each movement is ducumented and signed off on.

bbyroade

Sockeye said:
Any chance you were visiting a dentist about the same time? They can use cocaine as a numbing agent.

As far as the wife goes, unless she knew that you were going to be doing a random UA, she was wasting a lot of money on cocaine. It's a drug that stays in your system for a very short time, maybe 3 days.

Also, if she was lacing your salt and sugar with it, you'd definaltey know it, as I mentioned with the dental qiestion, it's a numbing agent and would be hard to miss.
No dental visits, been through that..she knows that I get random screens also she knew that I had an accident on the loader, I am/was a loader operator, and she knew that they test after any accident... I don't think there is anything I can do.

Beth3

Unlike marijuana, cocaine has a very short life-span in the body. Your estranged wife would have either had to have anticipated you'd be injured on the job so she could sneak into your house 24 hours in advance to dose your food, or know when a random drug screen for you was coming up and do the same, or be sneaking into your home on an on-going basis to put cocaine into your food.

As Sockeye said, she'd be blowing a whole lot of money on all this cocaine and you'd be hard pressed to miss the immediate effect if you ingested it. What you are suggesting doen't make a whole lot of sense.

JUSTICE4none1

Denile

DON'T BLAME YOUR EX .....................BLAME YOUR DEALER keep on getting high and guess what ? You'll keep getting fired,....it took a month to fire your lil high ass because they sent it off to the lab to make sure you were under the influence. Were you too stoned to notice that they sealed your urine BEFORE they shipped it to the lab? like i said before ,..........blame the dealer not your ex ( which at this time am sure is laughing at your dumbass)

bbyroade

JUSTICE4none1 said:
DON'T BLAME YOUR EX .....................BLAME YOUR DEALER keep on getting high and guess what ? You'll keep getting fired,....it took a month to fire your lil high ass because they sent it off to the lab to make sure you were under the influence. Were you too stoned to notice that they sealed your urine BEFORE they shipped it to the lab? like i said before ,..........blame the dealer not your ex ( which at this time am sure is laughing at your dumbass)
Thank you JUSTICE............BUT like I said before and I will say again, and NO I AM NOT IN DENIAL, she knew I had the accident, she even had wrote a note to this man, a 60 year old she left HER kids and me for, to call My job and get "the top drivers and loader operator tested for crack use". Anyway, got the locks changed, she still broke in. Can't blame a dealer if I don't have one. Can blame my skank wife, thats my story and I'm sticking with it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">