• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated for falsification of employee expense reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

philashae

Pennsylvania

I was terminated for falsification of employee expense reimbursement request. I submitted receipts for an amount and location where I did not park. What happened is, I parked at an on street meter $8 a day and submitted a parking garage ticket for $6.25. I admitted to the situations, which I was told was also a bad move. My position was as a third-party medical biller. I was told the termination was found necessary based on my role in a financial position. I’ve always had excellent performance reviews and this was not the decision of my Manager or Director. They both assured me they would give me a good reference and not haste to hire me at a different company. How should I handle this? I really would like my job back is it at all possible?

Beth3

You were in a position that required absolute honesty and integrity. (Surely you have some idea of the millions and millions of dollars of medical billing fraud that occurs nation-wide each year.) If you'll falsify your expense account, what else might you be less than honest about??? Maybe nothing but you have undermined their trust in you and they were free to let you go.

As Belize advised you, you need to start looking for a new job.

StacyLB

I'm not going to chastise you about your actions. Just learn from them.

While I can understand that you would like to return to your previous position, it just isn't likely. Obviously they hold you in high regard if they are willing to supply you with a positive reference despite terminating your employment.

Best of luck to you in your job search.

P

phurst6546

You Go, Belizebreeze

You Are Straight To The Point And Hilarious. I Love Your Obvious Reply!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">