• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated from job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? az

went to work today, and was terminated...am a certified nursing assisstant.. what happen, is that a resisdent i had been taking care off was next too someone eles in the room, and i did not have him ...i told the resisent that was next to mine, that he was not in my section, and someone eles had him...i think it made him mad, and he turned me , told the adminstator that i has said things to the other resisent in the other room aboout his care, and they were not true statements...i did talk to the other resisdent about his condtion,,but this guy made up some things on what i said to him...well, the administrators belived him,and i got terminated....i said to the director of nursing that the statements made of me were not true,,,did no good..i worked at this place for 2 months..they stated i had no respect for patienst,,,which is just absolutly not true...

on my next application,,should i put this down on my application that i worked at this place for 2 months..,,,i think it might harm me in getting a job....

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? az

went to work today, and was terminated...am a certified nursing assisstant.. what happen, is that a resisdent i had been taking care off was next too someone eles in the room, and i did not have him ...i told the resisent that was next to mine, that he was not in my section, and someone eles had him...i think it made him mad, and he turned me , told the adminstator that i has said things to the other resisent in the other room aboout his care, and they were not true statements...i did talk to the other resisdent about his condtion,,but this guy made up some things on what i said to him...well, the administrators belived him,and i got terminated....i said to the director of nursing that the statements made of me were not true,,,did no good..i worked at this place for 2 months..they stated i had no respect for patienst,,,which is just absolutly not true...

on my next application,,should i put this down on my application that i worked at this place for 2 months..,,,i think it might harm me in getting a job....
From what you posted, the patient's allegations seem credible to me. If a CNA or any other person told me that they wouldn't help me because I wasn't "in their section" I'd go to admin too.

The proper response would have been, I'll be glad to help you.

Tell the truth on your application.

ronss

well...the other cna was in the area,,,and i have a responsiblity to the ones that i am assigned too, and they have the right to be taken care off. the work load is very heavy, and to take care of the ones you are assigned too means i have to say things like this too the other resisdents...i once was taken care of the resisdents in the other sections, and the director of nursing asked me why my patients had not been looked at, i told her about others in the other sections asking me for help all the time, and i could not get to mine like i needed. she was not happy...i get in trouble by not helping those in my section, and trouble for helping those out of my section...one just cannot take care of everyone..a line has to be drawn somewhere....if you had a family in my section assigned to me, and i ignored them because i was working with others in the other sections, and your family member did not get seen for 5 or 6 hours...would you be happy.

Last edited:

Antigone*

well...the other cna was in the area,,,and i have a responsiblity to the ones that i am assigned too, and they have the right to be taken care off. the work load is very heavy, and to take care of the ones you are assigned too means i have to say things like this too the other resisdents...i once was taken care of the resisdents in the other sections, and the director of nursing asked me why my patients had not been looked at, i told her about others in the other sections asking me for help all the time, and i could not get to mine like i needed. she was not happy...i get in trouble by not helping those in my section, and trouble for helping those out of my section...one just cannot take care of everyone..a line has to be drawn somewhere....if you had a family in my section assigned to me, and i ignored them because i was working with others in the other sections, and your family member did not get seen for 5 or 6 hours...would you be happy.
Your response got you fired. You could have said, I'll make sure we take care of that right away and then gone to get the assigned CNA.

... And you are right, if you ignored my family member in that manner I'd have your head too.

I entrust my daughter's life to nursing staff day in and day out and and I have always respected their assignments but I would never tolerate "you are not in my section.". Honey, you are not waiting on tables here, get my drift :rolleyes:

pattytx

Your response got you fired. You could have said, I'll make sure we take care of that right away and then gone to get the assigned CNA.

... And you are right, if you ignored my family member in that manner I'd have your head too.

I entrust my daughter's life to nursing staff day in and day out and and I have always respected their assignments but I would never tolerate "you are not in my section.". Honey, you are not waiting on tables here, get my drift :rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more. My g-ma was in a nursing home for a few years, completely helpless and we had a private CNA (who had worked in their home prior to g-ma going into the nursing home) go in 20 hours a week to make SURE g-ma was getting the proper care.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law that is going to force you to put this job down on any applications. However, if you do not, and if your new employer ultimately finds out that you omitted it EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT REQUIRED BY LAW they can legally fire you for falsifying your application.

And it is much, much easier for an employer to find out this kind of information about their employees than you might think.

ronss

thanks all....i quess i got in such a hurry at work that day, and sort lost my thinking hat that day.....i have worked years in a nursing home, and usually never have a problem with a resisdent......this one got me fired, by not thinking....:(

HomeGuru

thanks all....i quess i got in such a hurry at work that day, and sort lost my thinking hat that day.....i have worked years in a nursing home, and usually never have a problem with a resisdent......this one got me fired, by not thinking....:(
**A: think more and spell better too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">