• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated with no paperwork and false reasons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brad Niemi

What is the name of your state?GA
I was dismissed in a morning meeting off site. There was no paperwork, and the reasons given were not true (verifiable). I do not want to sue, but, I don't know what my rights are, benefits, severance, or anything since there was no notice or paperwork involved.
Since I did not receive anything, and did not sign anything, am I legally still an employee?

Beth3

Since I did not receive anything, and did not sign anything, am I legally still an employee? No. Your employer is not required to give you any sort of written termination notice, nor are they required to provide you with any severance. The only thing your employer is required to inform you of in writing (if there are at least 20 employees) are your COBRA rights, which allow you to continue your current group health benefits by paying the full monthly premium. Your employer has 44 days to get that information to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">