• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated for no reason

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debbiem652

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I had worked for this company for 4 years, previously 3 years under another company name before the present company bought it out. I worked under other supervisor with no problems. The new regional manager was hired on 1 year ago and didn't know the computer system or anything else that went on in the office I was in. I practically ran this one girl office alone for 3 years. I brought in a number of customers and profits. He told me that I was doing great and to keep up the good work. The day he let me go, I asked why and was told he'd be glad to meet me away from company property and give me the real reason why he was letting me go. I don't understand what that meant. Why couldn't he tell me on company property. I've still haven't gotten a pink slip and don't know if I will. I've been asked by many customers and ex co-workers why and I can't give them a reason. What do you think?

Meet with him in a PUBLIC place and find out what the top secret reason is.

But either way its an at will employment and he can fire you for any reason with or without notice so long as it doesnt violate the law.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Nothing in either Federal or Louisiana law requires that he give you a reason, either on or off the premises.

I understand how upsetting it is, but I think there are worse things than not knowing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">